- Category: Fibrosis & Cirrhosis
- Published on Tuesday, 31 May 2011 14:04
Regularly consuming larger amounts of caffeine has a significant beneficial effect on liver inflammation, but not fibrosis, according to biopsy results from people with chronic hepatitis C.
- Category: HCV Testing & Diagnosis
- Published on Friday, 13 May 2011 15:26
- Category: HCV Epidemiology & Mortality
- Published on Friday, 13 May 2011 15:11
Massachusetts surveillance data showed an increase in hepatitis C among adolescents and young adults during 2002-2009, thought to be largely attributable to injection drug use.
- Category: Approved HCV Drugs
- Published on Friday, 20 May 2011 14:35
The European Medicines Agency's Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use has recommended approval of the HCV protease inhibitor boceprevir (brand name Victrelis) for treatment of chronic hepatitis C.
- Category: Pregnancy & HCV MTCT
- Published on Friday, 13 May 2011 07:59
Routine screening for hepatitis B virus (HBV) during pregnancy enables most infants to be protected against infection, but underserved mothers often do not receive education about or care for their own infection, researchers reported this week at DDW 2011.
- Category: HCV Treatment
- Published on Tuesday, 10 May 2011 15:06
Meta-analysis finds that extending pegylated interferon plus ribavirin to 72 weeks may improve sustained response rates for late-responder genotype 1 hepatitis C patients.
- HCV Treatment
- HCV Prevention
- HCV Testing & Diagnosis
- HCV Disease Progression
- HCV-Related Conditions
- Side Effects - HCV
- HCV Basic Science
- HCV Epidemiology & Mortality
- HCV Populations
- HCV Policy & Advocacy
- HCV Resources